CATERPILLAR TRACK


                         HI Friends........I'm back here to post the last assignment. Hey don't think it will be the last. 😀😀😀Yes, it is. But last of Rigging Techniques subject. We are "Animators" when it comes to assignment we are like nonstop working machine 😵😵. Somehow successfully completed one subject. So the last assignment was to rig Caterpillar track.


                          Now at first we will see what all the Controls I added. This rig doesn't required too many controls. So I have only 3 Controls in it.


                         I started the assignment from basic modeling. And then I attached the object to a shaped curve by Motion path. After getting rid of all flipping things from motion path, I Selected the object and created a Animation Snapshot (Animate menu). By adjusting the Increment value in it, I got the proper placement of the Object.



                                         This is how the object will look after proper snapshot.


                                Then after deleting the motion path, I created the Joints for each of the object in the shape of the curve. The starting and ending place of the joint will be the same. I added a Spline IK with auto create option turned off. Instead of auto creating curve, I selected the curve which I used for the motion path.

                               In next step i skinned the object to the joint with the maximum influence of 1.

                       After skinning I connected the Offset of IK with the new attribute created On the Chain ctrl. And After keying the attribute I  made it post and pre Infinity cycle.


                            Since I had given the option of changing the shape of the track, I duplicated the object from main shape and used the Blendshape deformer to it. So at the value of 1, the shape will remain as the default shape. But when we slide it from 1 to 2 the shape will gradually changes to another one.


                                  Here is the final outliner of the rig.

                   And last but not the least......A small rig test animation. Watch it and Do subscribe my channel for new updates. Thank you....😋😋


Comments

Popular Posts